Nasal cleaning is important, especially for newborns in the first few months of life as they predominantly breathe through their nose and cannot blow it out by themselves. Having a blocked nose affects baby's sleep, feeding and drinking.
The ergonomic shape makes this easy to use, with a soft nozzle suitable for baby's wee nostrils.
- Start by squeezing the air out of the bulb of the syringe to create a vacuum.
- Gently insert the rubber tip into one nostril.
- Gradually release the bulb to suction out the phlegm.
- Retrieve the syringe and squeeze the bulb forcefully to force out the mucus into a tissue.
- Ensure you clean the syringe and repeat the process for the other nostril.
- It is essential that the nasal aspirator is cleaned thoroughly.
- For effective cleaning, you can use warm, soapy water after each use.
- You should also squeeze the bulb with the tip in soapy water to clean the inside as well.
- Shake the soapy water inside the bulb vigorously, before squeezing it out.