This guidebook has 100+ of the best off-the-beaten-track adventures (with some crowd-pleasing favourites in the mix too) that Hamilton & Waikato has to offer; from glowworm grottos, mining tunnels, spectacular waterfalls to spooky limestone caves.
- Playgrounds: The coolest local playgrounds to discover.
- Educational sheets: Learn about native trees and birds, clouds through to geckos and endangered Māui dolphins.
- How-to guides: Hauraki Rail Trail, Timber Trail, Te Awa River Ride and Waikato River Trails.
- Māori language guide: Learn te reo Māori during your outdoor adventures.
- Department of Conservation Toyota Kiwi Guardian activity trails
- A5 size with 160 pages printed on certified FSC paper from sustainable sources. It's the perfect size to pop into backpacks or the glove box.
More than 100 adventures from:
Hamilton City, Te Awa River Ride, North Waikato, Port Waikato, Huntly, Miranda, Hakarimata Scenic Reserve, Waipā, Pirongia Forest Park, Hauraki Rail Trail, Te Aroha, Karangahake Gorge, Raglan beaches and Mount Karioi, Waitomo, Waikato River Trails, Pureora Forest Park and South Waikato.
All walks show the distance and time of the adventure, the grade of the path and if it is suitable for buggies, bikes, wheelchairs and pooches.